Tony Elms is a Senior Consultant with International Consulting Actuaries, LLC.
He is a multilingual (Italian, French, German), culturally sensitive international Human Resources professional with primary functional expertise in compensation and benefits and business sector exposure in consumer products, pharmaceuticals and diversified manufacturing. He specializes in the areas of local national, TCN, and expatriate compensation and benefits.
His 30-year career as both an independent consultant and corporate executive spans large and small companies having centralized, decentralized, sophisticated and unsophisticated human resource systems. Within these diverse environments he has successfully completed assignments such as:
- Team reviews of total HR function in foreign affiliated companies to bring them up to corporate standards
- Merger and acquisition due diligence and post merger integration in Europe, the Far East and South Africa
- Development and installation of new expatriate policies and programs for both US based and European based companies
- Redesign and implementation of TCN pension plans for better efficiency and employee acceptance
- Development and refinement of total remuneration models covering 39 countries
- Benefit cost reduction through multinational pooling for both large and small companies
Tony has worked for Seagrams, Warner Lambert, United Technologies and Duracell International in various roles of increasing responsibility and scope.
He has a BA in International Relations from Lehigh University and an MA in International Studies from Johns Hopkins University’s School for Advanced International Studies (S.A.I.S.). He was cofounder of the Overseas Benefits Roundtable, member of the Foreign Benefits Study Group, and has been a guest lecturer on a variety of topics for the International Employee Benefits Foundation, International Benefits Information Service (I.B.I.S.) and the National Foreign Trade Council.
He is currently located in ICA’s Stamford office.
Back To Our People