Maria Garcia-Kemp is a Global Human Resource Consultant with International Consulting Actuaries, LLC.
Maria has over 25 years of international business experience, specializing in the development of integrated business solutions to complex international Human Resources initiatives including global compensation strategies, international benefits, global mobility, and the design of HR supporting systems.
Maria has an undergraduate degree from the University of Miami, an MBA in Financial Management from Pace University, and is a CPA. With her background in Human Resources, Finance, and Information Systems, Maria is recognized as one of the key experts in the development of innovative global HR programs and cost containment strategies.
Prior to joining ICA, Maria was a Principal in the Global Human Resources Consulting practice of Ernst & Young, LLP. While at Ernst & Young, Maria directed Global HR consulting services in New York and Connecticut. In this role, Maria supported Ernst & Young’s largest clients including:
- Global incentive programs, incorporating concepts such as stock options and deferred compensation plans.
- Business process reviews/re-engineering initiatives to enhance operational effectiveness.
- Total remuneration management, including intra-country comparisons, and compensation and benefits surveys.
- International assignment program design and implementation, including flexible benefits, capital accumulation programs, localizations, and related process and systems in support of business objectives.
- Employee Leasing Companies (ELC) / Global Employment Organizations (GEO) for enhanced operational effectiveness.
- Global communications and program rollouts.
Maria began her professional career with the Xerox Corporation. While at Xerox, Maria directed many financial and Human Resource functions, including Global Mobility and Total Pay Programs. In these roles, she provided strategic direction for the development of a global total compensation process and the framework for an international executive payroll program, including:
- Design and implementation of a global compensation model for transferred employees, regional, and career expatriates, including flexible compensation and lump-sums.
- Design and implementation of a comprehensive Human Resource Information System for transferred employees.
Maria is a frequent speaker and guest lecturer, including Ernst & Young Conferences, the International Personnel Association, the National Foreign Trade Council, and the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM). She is fluent in Spanish, and experienced in multi-cultural environments.
Maria is currently located in ICA’s Stamford office.
Back To Our People